Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Octopus That Walked On Land

If you have been following my blog for a bit of time you are well aware that I am frightened of both aliens and octopuses to an almost unreasonable degree. I first brought this up back in 2008 and again last January when I found out that octopuses can use tools. I've also made mention of my Alien fears here and here.

Now for the longest time I would say my fear of aliens far outweighed my fear of octopuses.  After all as long as I wasn't in the ocean I would be safe.  Or so I thought....  Lately there have been a lot of discoveries concerning the cephalopod mollusc of the order Octopoda.  You see the discovery of an octopus using tools in early 2010 was pretty creepy but not nearly creepy enough for me to be afraid of an ocean dwelling creature more than a flying alien who comes in the night and could abduct you at any time from anywhere.

Then I found this video.






That's right the octopus just walked on land.  Did you see that video?  It fucking walked on land!

Not only is it walking on land but it is doing it in the most creepy way imaginable.  Go back and watch that video again.  At the 2:10 mark it even drops off the dead body of it's latest victim.  I am so creeped out right now I barely have the words.

Octopus is now the new #1 fear.  Aliens are a very close second.  The only thing I have going for me right now is that I live in the Midwest. UPDATE: 7:39 AM Apparently octopus walking around outside the ocean happens all the time.
Extra super creepy now.

No comments: