Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Monday, September 26, 2011

OWC Is Awesome

I originally started out this post with a "Nerd Alert" to warn readers that I would be talking about lot so nerdy computer stuff.  Then I realized all my posts are about nerdy computer stuff so here it is.

Last Wednesday I came home to find that my MacPro wouldn't wake from sleep. The power light indicator was flashing which told me that I had a bad stick of RAM. This happened to me in June of this year so I was already ahead of the game in knowing what the little flashing light meant. I turned off the computer and within a few minutes of fooling around with the machine I had isolated the bad ram to one of two 2GB sticks I had purchased from OWC in 2008.  On a whim I called up OWC to see if they had any sort of warranty on their RAM.  I expected that they would have a limited one or two year warranty on the RAM but it turns out it is covered by a limited lifetime warranty instead.  After a few short minutes on the phone they game me an return number so I could return all the RAM I had purchased from them in 2008 and they would ship out new RAM.

So Thursday I packed up all 4 sticks of RAM and dropped them off at the UPS store to ship them back to OWC.  On Saturday I had the new RAM delivered to my door.  In total it cost me $11 to ship the RAM back and now I have 8GB of brand new RAM in my computer. 

Long story short, if you need RAM for a mac computer then you should order it from OWC.  Thumbs up for great customer service.

No comments: