Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Attic Stairs

Last night I finally purchased the new pull down stairs for the attic. Up until now I have been using a ladder that has been permanently stored in our computer room.  It has been in the way for a few months now and just generally making that room feel messing all the time.

The original plan when purchasing the new stairs was to have it installed last night.  Unfortunately the stairs that are in every hardware store in town are all 54" long.  The opening in our ceiling is only 45" long.  So in order to install the stairs I need to cut the hole in my ceiling bigger.

While that is only a minor inconvenience the real pain is going to be moving the light that is in the way as well as the post for the railing upstairs.

So a job that should have taken two hours tops is now going to take me the better part of a day.  But I don't have that much time in one sitting.  So in order to keep things moving on this project I'm going to head up into the attic tonight and try and get as much as I can done.

I still have a second coat of paint that needs to be put on the walls upstairs.  I also need to finish hooking up the speaker terminals and Ethernet drops in the attic.  Both small jobs but something that has to wait until the painting is finished.  Hopefully by the end of tonight I'll have all three finished up so I can feel like I did something worthwhile in the attic this week.

No comments: