Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Programming Sucks

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh with that blog title. In fact I really don't think programming sucks at all but I am having a hard time with it at school. This semester I'm taking two programming classes instead of one and it may have been a bit of a mistake to take on that much school work. In reality I have been doing pretty good up till now but I'm starting to feel a but overwhelmed. I'm not really bad at programming but it is becoming ever more obvious that it wasn't meant for me. When I'm working on a website or a graphical design, even if it isn't very good, I feel like I have created something interesting and new. No matter what I do with programming I feel like I'm doing something that a million other people have done before. I guess that is what is getting me down the most is that I don't know what I'll be doing with this new knowledge. It is all very cool to learn and play with but, grand scheme of things, I feel like I have to learn so much before I can do something new and original. Is that a time investment I want to make? I guess time will tell on that one. For now I'm going to crack open a beer and finish watching Terminator 3.

No comments: