Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Friday, February 25, 2011

Madison Protests

According to police estimates there have been over half a million people who have protested inside the Wisconsin state capital building. So far there have been zero arrests during the protests. All of this because Governor Walker introduced a bill that would eliminate collective bargaining among most unions in Wisconsin, put the control of Medicaid programs in the hands of the governor and removes sexual orientation from affirmative action. If your really interested you can read the 144 page bill here. Being a member of a union and having a general dislike for douchbaggery, I've been going down to the protests as often as I can. Just seeing first had how this will hurt not only the people of Wisconsin but the overall economy of the state I've taken to the streets to join the protests as often as I can. Yesterday my friend Karen made me the best protest sign ever that I will carry proudly into the fray again this afternoon.

"Who Runs Bartertown, Bitches!!!!"

Besides the awesome protest sign a friend of mine also posted this to Facebook which I found funny enough to repost here.

No comments: