Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

HyperSpin FTW!!!!!!!

If you don't remember I built a HTPC last November to store all of our movies on. So far the HTPC has been more then we could have wished for. It stores all our videos in a very convenient and easy to use format thanks to Media Center and a simple remote control. Overall it has been a great addition to our home theater and we were even able to get rid of some of our shelves because of the lack of movies filling them up.

As with all projects I had to keep fiddling and since day one I wanted to install a bunch of emulators on the HTPC so I could play my favorite old video games. I was able to get Steam working with the computer and Super Meat Boy is awesome to play on a big TV but sadly I never got around to installing much else on the HTPC.

So over the weekend I finally got around to installing a few emulators on the Home Theater PC as well as HyperSpin. You see HyperSpin is a front end which basically acts as a menu system to navigate through all your games. The best part is it works seamlessly with Media Center to it the perfect video game addition to the HTPC. Tonight I was able to get controllers working and Jacque and I even got to play a little Contra on that bad boy. It will still be some time before I'm ready to show this setup off but I'm making progress. I can't wait to see it when it's done. If only I could speed up time.

No comments: