Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Monday, March 21, 2011

Finish It

(Note: Be sure to read the blog title like the announcer from Mortal Kombat to get the full effect)

Not long ago I was emailing my friend Nick about how great it would be to have an artist community who all share a common area and work together on all kinds of projects. Maybe have everyone go in on a studio space and just try and churn out as much artwork as we can. Writing, graphic design, photography, painting, music production....everything is welcome in this wonderland of creativity. In a way this is pretty much just like the idea I had for the arcade but instead of a bunch of people hanging out and drinking beer it would be a bunch of people hanging out, drinking beer and making art.

Tonight while driving home from Illinois I started thinking about this idea and I was inspired to dig into the closet and pull out all my writing projects.

What you see above is a pile of unfinished ideas, scripts, journals, novels, screenplays and short stories. Oh, and a tasty beer which I'm currently drinking.

All of them have been just sitting in my closet waiting to be finished. For years now I've been getting ideas for movies or stories and instead of sitting down and writing them I would just add them to my idea books and go about my day. Some of the lucky ideas would get a rough draft or an outline but most of them would just end up swimming in my mind.

So tonight I'm going to go through that big pile of crap and see if I can't do something with those ideas. Some of them I'll just share here on this blog for shits and giggles and others I'll actually finish and do something with them. Currently Nick has my mind running wild with the idea of creating a graphic novel.

Guess what? I have a script for that.....and the best part is that I can have an artist community without even being in the same city as other artists. I like to call it collaborating over the internet. I'm not sure if you guys have heard of it? It is this new thing that all the kids are doing.

Long post short I'm planning on working with Nick on turning that screenplay into a graphic novel. Does anyone know of any good comic book artists?

No comments: