Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Friday, March 25, 2011

Found Ideas and Stories

So over the last few days I've been going through my stack of writing and I've come across a few good ideas that I feel I have to share with you. Hopefully I find a few more gems worth sharing and if I'm lucky I'll even find a few stories worth publishing. Until then I'm going through lots and lots of half finished ideas. Here are three stories/ideas that I really liked.

TV Game Show Idea

This idea really caught my attention because of how weird it was and because it wasn't a short story, novel, or screenplay. Unlike all my other writing this was an idea for a TV Game Show. The game show is really quite simple and kind of a rip off but stick with me on this because the twist ending is great. The show starts with three contestants finding out what they will be playing for. A car, boat or money are usually on the table for prizes but each week we get different prizes. Once the prizes have been reveled and the contestants introduced we start to play the games. Basically just think of "The Price is Right" meets "Double Dare" for game inspiration. Lots of goofy fun stuff involving slime and obstacle courses. The contestant with the most points at the end wins the prize. The only catch is at the end of the show the winner finds out if the prize was real or a joke. The game show is called "Just Kidding" and most of the time no one wins anything.

Zombie Movie Script

This screenplay can be summed up quite simply by saying zombies in the old west. This is a straight forward action/adventure zombie movie that just happens to be set in the old west. Upon reading the script I had to ask myself why no one has made this movie yet. It doesn't necessarily have to be my movie script but someone in Hollywood had better be making a Zombie Western right now or I'm going to be disappointed.

LARPing Short Story

This nerdy idea needs a bit more explanation than most. If you don't know what LARPing is allow Wikipedia to explain.
A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world, while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules, or determined by consensus among players. Event arrangers called gamemasters decide the setting and rules to be used and facilitate play.
So you have a state park, or someplace similar, full of people dressed like Renaissance Fair attendees all playing live action Dungeons and Dragons. So my short story on this is about a group of LARP players who are playing a game about awakening a dragon. Only this time they actually awaken a real dragon and they have to fight it off before it destroys the world. Sadly this story is pretty bad but I do like the idea a lot. In fact a funny version of this would make a great buddy movie.

2 comments:

J.R. Swantz said...

If "Cowboys vs. Aliens" takes off and does well, I think your Old West zombie movie may not be that far off. Hollywood will jump on both bandwagons of taking more recent themes and placing them in the old west, and of having aliens attack some other point in time.

"Lewis and Clark vs. Aliens"
"Spartans vs. Aliens"
"King Tut vs. Aliens"

Personally, I think "Spartans vs. Aliens" would be kick ass. I wonder if Zack Snyder is busy?

Brad Mackey said...

Oh man I would love to see "Spartans vs. Aliens!" Only I want to see a version of that which mixes "300" and "Predator."