Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Amalgamation (NSFW)

A while back I was up late and I just started writing a story.  It was a really free form, first thing in my head type of story.  I ended up writing for about forty-five minutes before my mind started to wander to other activities.  Primarily those activities included drawing/doodling and Photoshop.  So I saved my Google document and picked up a piece of junk mail and started to do some preliminary sketches of what was in my head.  This lasted for quite a while before I moved on to Photoshop to create those sketches in a more suitable draft form.  I ended up playing in Photoshop for too long and I then started to think about turning those images into moving video.  So I busted out Final Cut and started to play around with video editing for a bit.  All and all I ended up spending about 8 hours doing non stop creative work.  Just me and the computer and a pair of headphones.

At the end of those 8 hours I didn't end up with a lot of finished work.  In fact I didn't end up with any finished work but the mere act of spending so much time just creating was invigorating.  The one thing I did end up with when I finally walked away from the computer was a lot of good ideas for stuff I'll probably never follow up on or finish.  There was one piece I was playing with right before I went to bed that is about as close to finished as it is ever going to get.

Toward the end of the night I gave up on trying to work with my random ideas and just started to work with what was in front of me.  I decided on doing something different so I hit popular websites like Tumblr and digg and just started to save pictures and .gifs by the hundreds.  I then threw them all into a timeline to see what would come out.  Really it was just a creative experiment to see what I could make in an hour.  At the end of an hour I would stop what I was doing and go to bed.  I wouldn't even look at what I created for a few days.  I woke up the next day and promptly forgot about my final hour of creativity.  Last night I pulled up those work files again and this is what was left after an hour of random searches.



This Animation is NSFW! You've been warned.

Amalgamation Animated .gif


This amalgamation of images and animations were all found in about 15 minutes just by clicking on random things and seeing what I could see.  The last 45 minutes were spend placing them in this particular order and getting rid of images I didn't want to use.

I'm not sure I would call this art.  In fact now that I'm looking at it again I'm not sure I would necessarily call it creative.  I'm simply calling it Amalgamation and I do find it interesting so I'm sharing it with everyone both of you who read this blog.  Hopefully in the future I can find more half finished projects to share with you because over the last three months I've been pretty lazy about posting to this blog.

No comments: