Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Friday, October 7, 2011

New Stairs Installed

Finally!!!
Last night the only thing I had planned was to spend a lot of time playing video games and little else.  Maybe if I got a huge burst of energy I would watch a movie as well.  For some reason I ended up with a giant burst of energy and I finally put in the new attic stairs.

In total it probably only took about two hours to get everything installed and finished which I don't think is too bad considering I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.  I did have Jacque give me a hand so I could screw in some temporary screws while she held up the stairs.  That was a huge help and I don't think I could have done it without her.

Of course with that out of the way this week the only thing I have to do in the attic is start installing the new flooring.  I picked up the flooring for the attic at some point this week.  Sadly I have no idea when I did that.  It's been kind of a whirlwind week for me.  Dates aren't important anyway, what is important is that I may have the attic 90% finished by Sunday if all goes well.  The only stumbling block I can see is the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to putting in a wood floor.  It can't be too hard right?  I've made it this far just winging it.  After the flooring is done the only left to do in the attic is to put up all the trim.  I can tell you right now, I'm going to drink so much beer up there once this whole project is finished.

No comments: