Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Friday, September 16, 2011

DC 52 Reboot Mystery Man

Starting in September DC Comic rebooted their entire line of comic books. If you don't have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about click here. In a nutshell they dumped 75 years of stories and just started fresh with #1 everything. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash are all completely new characters now.  Forget everything you've ever known because all of a sudden it's pointless.  Everything is new again.  Very cool if you want to start reading DC comic books but don't want to have to learn 70+ years of history.

All that is fine and good and would make a great blog post but I don't give a shit about that.  I want to know who the hell the red glowing guy is in every single DC 52 issue.  Seriously who is this guy?


Above you can see the mystery man in Animal Man #1 on Page 13.


Here he is again in Men Of War #1 on Page 18.

Now you're going to have to just take my word for it but he's literally in every single comic book DC has put out so far this month.  I'm not going to scan in tons and tons of comic books just to prove a point but he's there.  You can find him yourself if you want.  It's kind of like Where's Waldo of the DC comic book world.

I'm sure in a few months it will be some big reveal about how DC is doing something crazy to drive up comic book sales but for now I'm just having fun finding this guy in every single comic I've read so far in the DC 52 reboot.  If anyone has any idea let me know.

Also of note I'm liking most of the DC reboot so far but Static Shock is horrible.  I'll save you the trouble of finding the DC 52 Mystery Man....He's on page 16.

In this picture it looks like our Mystery Man could be a Mystery Woman....the plot thickens.

1 comment:

Mike Branski said...

I had completely missed that this happened. Wow. What they're doing definitely seems like I'd be a perfect target market for. I enjoy many of the superhero stories, but never go into the comic books, and wouldn't go back and try to catch up on 50+ years of them now, but I could be convinced to start with the refresh.