Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day Five - Elevator

For the theme of "Elevator" I decided to base my entry on the "Covered" blog and use a comic book cover as the basis of my design. Of all the comic book covers in the world I picked Robocop #1 (dynamite verison).

The original cover was created by Stephen Segovia and Johnny D with inking by Fabiano Neves.

Blah blah blah

So I took that cover as inspiration and created this image of Robocop jumping out of an elevator.

As you can see it isn't exactly a copy of the cover but it did turn out pretty good if you ask me. In fact of all the projects I've done this week so far this one deserves a return visit. If I come back and do a few more hours on this design it may look pretty good. Clean up the outline and spend some time working on the shading and we will really have something. Who am I kidding? I won't be coming back to this design so enjoy it the way it is. :)

Mike went in a different direction and decided to make a social commentary about BP.

I really like Mike's entry a lot just because BP is worse than the devil. Just think of the theological ramifications of that for a minute. :) Nice-ah! Tomorrow the theme is "mythology" and I don't have a single idea what I'm going to do for that one. :-/

No comments: