Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mt. Huashan Hiking Trail

Last month I got an email from my friend Nick....... :-/

Rather than tell you about the email here is how it looked.

From: Nick
To: Me
Date: Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Subject: Free food!? HINT: It's NOT worth it......
_____________________________________

First - take the tram up to the start of the trail.

Now follow the path on the wooden planks

Be sure to hold on to the 'railing'
The chain attached to the side

Keep an eye on the person in front of you.
Be very careful when passing someone going in the opposite direction.

Now just up a few steps. (they are on the left in the picture)
Gets a little steeper here - so put your toes in the holes.

A few more steps to go, you might want to hold on

Finally in sight.

'THE RESTAURANT' !!!

This restaurant is in China .
If you manage to reach the restaurant, the food is free

Let me know how the food is because I'm not going.
_____________________________________

So that was the email I got from Nick last month.

I kind of figured the restaurant wasn't real but I was fairly certain that the mountain was a real place. After a bit of research it turns out that this amazing area is Mt. Huashan. It is located about two and a half hours from Xi’an and is one of the five sacred mountains in China.

I was completely awe stuck by these pictures so I wanted to share them with you. I found a few good websites with information (here and here) as well as a ton of YouTube videos you can watch.


I must warn you thought I spent a good portion of my Saturday just looking at YouTube videos of Mt. Huashan. What an amazing place.

No comments: