Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Camouflage

An artist by the name of Liu Bolin had a great exhibit of his photography at Galerie Bertin-Toublanc a few years back.  I never got to see it mainly because I didn't know it existed until today.  Well that and the fact that I couldn't find the Galerie Bertin-Toublanc on a map to save my life.  

While looking for a camouflage pattern to finish a design at work I stumbled upon the online gallery of Liu Bolin's exhibit.  The exhibit consists of a bunch of people using camouflage to hide in the modern world of China.  Some of them just simply disappear in their background like the picture below.


Other pictures in the exhibit aren't as good and some are better but they are all worth checking out.  I'm sure the exhibit has some sort of meaning about being alone or something equally boring but I like to think these pictures were taken by accident and these people do this kind of stuff on an everyday basis.

No comments: