Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Friday, April 18, 2008

Now I can drink, play video games and relax

What a week I have had. Without a doubt this has been one of the busiest weeks I have had in a long, long time. Monday I started off by working the DSA (distinguished Service Awards) show we put on every year for work. Think of it as the Madison School District's academy awards show. We recognize teachers and staff for the outstanding work they do for the school district and its students. It was really a good show and it's nice to see people get recognized for their hard work and effort. It was however a lot of hard work and effort on our staffs part and I'm happy it is over for another year. It's a nice event but it is a bit daunting to get all that work done for it.

Tuesday it was back to work as usual. I worked in the morning and then headed over to my other job were I had the pleasure of dealing with a guy who was pissed because we couldn't return his stuff without a receipt. It makes me really wonder if this guy is a jackass all the time or we just happened to meet him at the end of a particularly bad day. Maybe he is normally an OK guy but I doubt it...YOU SIR ARE A DOUCHE BAG.

Wednesday was OK and I really don't have much to complain about but I was just feeling down in the dumps all day. During lunch I sat and listened to someone tell the story of how their sister recently died in the hospital and it just brought down my whole day even further.

I had to wake up extra early on Thursday to handle tech support on an international phone call to Kazakhstan. (Yes the place Borat is from) I had to hook up a 500 dollar conference phone at the Double Tree Hotel across the street from work.

That my friends is what a 500 dollar conference phone looks like. At the end of the day it's just a very expensive speaker phone. Really if anything went wrong during this "all important call" I could have done nothing to fix it. The phone either works or it doesn't and outside of those two options it's up to the phone company to deliver on good phone service. So I ended up getting paid for two hours of sitting in a hotel lobby and reading the paper. The only reason I sat around after the call was over was to pick up the phone and return it to the right office but they forgot to tell me when to pick it up so I didn't even have to do that. A lady from human resources took care of it for me. Easy money my friends, easy money.

By 8:45 I was on my way across town to meet up with the rest of my co-workers at a ropes course for team building exercises. Ugh was my first reaction to this but by the end of the day I was ready to take some belay training of my own and am in fact looking into it. We started with some lame blindfolded walking around stuff then moved to some logic puzzle for team building but the real fun was after lunch when we got to climb on the high ropes course. It was about 50 feet tall of climbing fun. I had a blast and even went down a zip line which was a bit scary with my fear of heights and all. Surprisingly I wasn't afraid to climb but very afraid when I stopped. Repealing was by far my favorite part. Who knows maybe I'll be able to do some more climbing soon.

I don't have much planned for this weekend so don't expect for me to get around to finishing the video section update anytime soon. Jacque and I want to rearrange the apartment on Sunday so maybe I'll take some before and after pictures to show you how it went. Now that I think about it a time lapsed video would be more fun to see.

(note to self....buy more film stock)

So it should be a laid back chill weekend. OH I almost forgot...today while walking down the hall I found this cart sitting in the hallway all alone.

In this case the cake isn't a lie. In fact it was delicious and moist.

No comments: