Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Drywall is Upstairs

On Friday the drywall I ordered was delivered to our house by a huge semi trailer. I wasn't home but Jacque said it was freakin' awesome.

The cab of the semi detaches and the forklift is part of the cab. So they pick up the drywall set it in our driveway and they hook back up to the trailer and drive away. I'm told delivery only took 10 minutes.

That was pretty much the end of the easy stuff. It took a while but Jacque and I moved most of the sheets into the house by ourselves. She was a trooper but when a friendly stranger named Alex walked by and offered help she was quick to say yes. The last few sheets were carried in by Alex and myself. What a big help and cool guy.

The next day my buddy Ted came up to Madison to help me carry it all into the attic. We spent a lot of time scoring the drywall down to smaller sheets and then we carried it all up into the attic.



In appreciation of Ted's help we went out to dinner and then we hung out, drank beers and even played some video games.

Now I just have to find the time to put that drywall up on the walls.

No comments: