Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

File Conversion

I spent a good portion of last night converting files on my computer at home. I'm trying to clean up as many files as I can. Over the years pictures and videos have just been dumped into random folders and it's only now that I'm trying to get it all straightened out. I'm holding off on the pictures for now just because that is such a monumental task but I got a jump start on my movie files. I've decided to convert them all to iPod video format and let them live in my iTunes collection. I figured that I don't watch them very often so the smaller file size will be a benefit to my ever growing HD. Plus having them in my iTunes allows me to easily backup the files in the future. Maybe it's a waste of time but if I can get rid of just a few folders I will be very happy. Someday I may even tackle the giant folder of install files I have. Man computers are a lot of work.

No comments: