Home       Pictures       Videos       Projects       Contact Me

Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Out....Peace!

I should be hitting the road for Minnesota in about 5 hours or so. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit and can't wait to get out of Madison for the weekend. Before I do hit the road I wanted to post this quick story I found on consumerist.com about Wal-Mart's wacky milk pricing.
I was very confused when purchasing milk last night at Wal-Mart. I believe I stood in front of the milk refrigerator for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out where logic had escaped to.

The first problem was that the gallon of milk was both $2.25 and 2 for $5.00 ($2.50 each)..at the same time.

After contemplating this for a moment I decided I may not need an entire gallon of milk, so I went to get a half gallon. That is when I become thoroughly confused… as a half gallon of milk is $2.47… why is half a gallon of milk 22 cents more expensive than a whole gallon?

You can read in the picture that the price tag for the half gallon is 3.9 cents per ounce while the full gallon is 1.8 cents per ounce (just to clarify that the tags are indeed correct).

You can read the consumerist post here. I'm just happy I drink soy milk and don't have to worry about weird milk pricing structures. Pretty much everywhere I go it's the same price.

No comments: